Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A Standard Caboose Design... continued.



In the previous caboose article, I said the baywindow caboose body shown was in the paint shop, so here is how it's coming along. The decision to "modernize" to a simpler one color paint scheme on all future crummies and motive power will simplify things and help give my freelanced railroad a little more obvious history.

The end railings need to be finalized, but that assembly being quite fragile will have to wait until I decide on what sort of marker lights these cars will be getting. I might just go with something simple, like a single bulb over the doors, but that will require a three way micro switch and some sort of keep alive circuit. Things will be too fragile for batteries as are some of my older crummies.













Not plating over any windows, keeping things as simple as I can on these cars.





And lastly, the other side.









Lettering will come as time permits.


JohnH.

Comment if the mood strikes you...



1 comment:

  1. I do like this style of caboose. Here is a peek at one of mine of the same style >> https://railfanningcapeann.blogspot.com/2018/03/caboose-975.html

    ReplyDelete